General Layout of the United Warzone Republic, or at least what I'd like from it

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Layout of the United Warzone Republic, or at least what I'd like from it

Post by Ancian on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:05 am

She will not rule them all, shes half way between a monarchy and a constitutional one any ways. WZEU has unamniously voted for a confederation ( i could be wrong) anyways, though, of course, we were out voted.

Ancian

Back to top Go down

Re: General Layout of the United Warzone Republic, or at least what I'd like from it

Post by Llamas on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:04 pm

Ancian wrote:She will not rule them all, shes half way between a monarchy and a constitutional one any ways. WZEU has unanimously voted for a confederation ( i could be wrong) anyways, though, of course, we were out voted.
Not unanimously, although pretty darned close, and there's also the fact that almost everyone in WZEU chose "Autonomous Regions" as their second choice, but I will cede to the fact that we cannot form a Union such as this one without WZEU, the most stable of the six warzo... Oh shit you got raided. : P

This poses a problem. We would not be capable of liberating WZ Europe on our own, because we have no organized military. In addition, we are incapable of asking defenders for help. I tried asking them for help liberating WZ Africa yesterday, but they decided to be hypocritical asses instead and said, "Well then, you shouldn't have moved to a warzone." Hmm... That sounds like something that I've heard raiders say quite often... "Well then, you shouldn't have lived in a founderless region." The only way we can ever get their attention is if we show them that we have an active, dedicated community. If we continue to be split, we'll appear like small fries, tiny regions unable to actually do anything and thus supposedly "Proving" the baseless stereotype that it is impossible for Warzones to actually have communities of intelligent people who want to live in peace and work to build a good region for themselves. The UWR is meant to fix both of these problems by creating an active WA force capable of defending the region and a unified set of forums to increase activity.

I would like to point out that yesterday I made a few minor changes to the constitution. Now, the only official powers of the government are to run the regional forums, organize a military, and conduct foreign affairs. These are the bare minimum of functions required, and if only these three functions were done, the government would best be described as a confederation. In addition, the IWC will have the authority to strike down any acts deemed to overly infringe upon the rights of the Warzones. I did not explicitly outlaw the the Union government being allowed to create laws not related to these three powers. Why? Because I recognized that there's a lot of disagreement on this issue. WZ Europe is the largest warzone, with a mostly regionalist population; WZ Asia is the second largest, with a moderately pro-union position; Airspace is the fourth and lies in the center; and Africa also holds a moderated pro-union position, and is the smallest region with an active community. Thus, I have left the constitution open to interpretation and allowed for a good deal of political debate. I want every person to decide what they want they want the constitution to mean to them, and then participate in our democratic institutions so that the people may make the collective decision of in which direction they want the UWR to go.

I implore you to accept this compromise, this olive branch proposal that I am giving to you. It is the only way in which we can decide for ourselves what we want and create an active community devoted to living in peace, prosperity, and unity.
Llamas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ancian on Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:05 am

Llamas wrote:
Ancian wrote:She will not rule them all, shes half way between a monarchy and a constitutional one any ways. WZEU has unanimously voted for a confederation ( i could be wrong) anyways, though, of course, we were out voted.
Not unanimously, although pretty darned close, and there's also the fact that almost everyone in WZEU chose "Autonomous Regions" as their second choice, but I will cede to the fact that we cannot form a Union such as this one without WZEU, the most stable of the six warzo... Oh shit you got raided. : P

Haha.

This poses a problem. We would not be capable of liberating WZ Europe on our own, because we have no organized military. In addition, we are incapable of asking defenders for help. I tried asking them for help liberating WZ Africa yesterday, but they decided to be hypocritical asses instead and said, "Well then, you shouldn't have moved to a warzone." Hmm... That sounds like something that I've heard raiders say quite often... "Well then, you shouldn't have lived in a founderless region." The only way we can ever get their attention is if we show them that we have an active, dedicated community. If we continue to be split, we'll appear like small fries, tiny regions unable to actually do anything and thus supposedly "Proving" the baseless stereotype that it is impossible for Warzones to actually have communities of intelligent people who want to live in peace and work to build a good region for themselves. The UWR is meant to fix both of these problems by creating an active WA force capable of defending the region and a unified set of forums to increase activity.

We don't need a lib thankfully, but i agree we need a more united military.

I would like to point out that yesterday I made a few minor changes to the constitution. Now, the only official powers of the government are to run the regional forums, organize a military, and conduct foreign affairs. These are the bare minimum of functions required, and if only these three functions were done, the government would best be described as a confederation. In addition, the IWC will have the authority to strike down any acts deemed to overly infringe upon the rights of the Warzones. I did not explicitly outlaw the the Union government being allowed to create laws not related to these three powers. Why? Because I recognized that there's a lot of disagreement on this issue. WZ Europe is the largest warzone, with a mostly regionalist population; WZ Asia is the second largest, with a moderately pro-union position; Airspace is the fourth and lies in the center; and Africa also holds a moderated pro-union position, and is the smallest region with an active community. Thus, I have left the constitution open to interpretation and allowed for a good deal of political debate. I want every person to decide what they want they want the constitution to mean to them, and then participate in our democratic institutions so that the people may make the collective decision of in which direction they want the UWR to go.

I implore you to accept this compromise, this olive branch proposal that I am giving to you. It is the only way in which we can decide for ourselves what we want and create an active community devoted to living in peace, prosperity, and unity.

I like the compromise.

Ancian

Back to top Go down

Post by Apulita on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:40 am

I'd like to see what Frederick William has to say before I agree or not. Also, I am in conversation with the Empress who agreed that a joint defense agreement would be good, but she did not seem overly approving of much political strength in a central government.

Apulita

Back to top Go down

Post by Ancian on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:13 am

We need a united military, frankly, with ranks and duties. I think, foreign affairs, could be only when its a inter-warzone issue, but i like the compromise, but hope to change it some. Sorry for not stating that earlier , but i was busy yesterrday.

Ancian

Back to top Go down

Post by Frederick William II on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:45 pm

I also support this compromise, and would vote Aye as the compromise currently stands. Thank you  Smile 

Frederick William II

Back to top Go down

Post by Llamas on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:11 pm

I believe we have reached a constitution which is acceptable to all parties. I think we should put it through the ratification processes which will be required to accept this in our respective regions.
Llamas

Back to top Go down

Post by Arekrya on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:54 pm

So unto ratification?
Arekrya

Back to top Go down

Post by Llamas on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:19 pm

I believe so. The constitution should fly through WZ Asia and Africa without a hitch, and I don't know the situation in Airspace, but the place where it could go wrong is Europe. We ned Astarial's blessing; without it, we have made a possible major ally into an enemy, and simultaneously lost Europe, the largest Warzone community out there.
Llamas

Back to top Go down

Post by Minister Ismailiyah on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:49 pm

We do need a united military. Our current situation is actually pretty dire. Although I am the MoD of WZAI, I have no troops to carry out any orders. Our defence force consists of llamas lazarene troops, who, whilst their presence is gratefully recognised, take orders from external forces. The other half are random defenders flitting in and out of regions. We desperately need a centrally administered military, taking orders only from UWR commanders.
Minister Ismailiyah

Back to top Go down

Post by Arekrya on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:55 pm

Minister Ismailiyah wrote:We do need a united military. Our current situation is actually pretty dire. Although I am the MoD of WZAI, I have no troops to carry out any orders. Our defence force consists of llamas lazarene troops, who, whilst their presence is gratefully recognised, take orders from external forces. The other half are random defenders flitting in and out of regions. We desperately need a centrally administered military, taking orders only from UWR commanders.

Agreed, WZAF's is even worse, we have no military, just defenders who decide to take pity on us.
Arekrya

Back to top Go down

Post by Llamas on Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:25 pm

Arekrya wrote:
Minister Ismailiyah wrote:We do need a united military. Our current situation is actually pretty dire. Although I am the MoD of WZAI, I have no troops to carry out any orders. Our defence force consists of llamas lazarene troops, who, whilst their presence is gratefully recognised, take orders from external forces. The other half are random defenders flitting in and out of regions. We desperately need a centrally administered military, taking orders only from UWR commanders.

Agreed, WZAF's is even worse, we have no military, just defenders who decide to take pity on us.
^And this is why I recommend we get a move on ratification. I'll try to have a bill on the floor of the ULA and Senate to establish a military on our first day.

In addition, Sari, now we should probably start work on the forums. I can help you with that, just TG me the admin password or give me admin powers there and I'll begin organizing right away. If we can, however, I recommend we use forumotion to make our forums, because:
1. I believe you have more experience with those. (With WZ Asia and all.)
2. It looks way nicer. I've been on many regional forums before, and I must say that WZ Asia's forums look much better than any I've seen before, minus the Lazarene ones, but those cost us a pretty penny each month. WZ Africa's forums, which also use forumotion, also look better than Zetaboards. I remember my old region of Nesapo, and our forums used Zetaboards. *shutters* The terrible aesthetics...
3. Zetaboards is always so annoying because you have to have either numbers or symbols in your password.
Llamas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ancian on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:34 pm

We have an army, or, at least, 3 or 4 (occasionaly 5) people agree to do a mission. Unfortuantly, we usually need help from astarial so wzeu isn't defenseless.

Ancian

Back to top Go down

Post by Arekrya on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:09 am

WZAF is in the process of ratification, if XIV votes to ratify (I see no reason why he shouldn't), then it will have passed.
Arekrya

Back to top Go down

Post by Arekrya on Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:38 pm

It has been passed! WZAF has approved the constitution!
Arekrya

Back to top Go down

Post by Llamas on Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:54 pm

Arekrya wrote:It has been passed! WZAF has approved the constitution!
Congrats on being first!

Llamas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wintermoot on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:49 am

Llamas wrote:In addition, we are incapable of asking defenders for help. I tried asking them for help liberating WZ Africa yesterday, but they decided to be hypocritical asses instead and said, "Well then, you shouldn't have moved to a warzone." Hmm... That sounds like something that I've heard raiders say quite often... "Well then, you shouldn't have lived in a founderless region."

I apologize for the aside, but I'm curious as to which defenders you asked for help? I was active during that update attempting defenses, including in this region, and wasn't aware there was an attempt to liberate Warzone Africa until it had already taken place.

Wintermoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Apulita on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:18 am

I am in conversation with the Empress about the proposal right now.

Apulita

Back to top Go down

Post by Llamas on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:17 pm

Wintermoot wrote:
Llamas wrote:In addition, we are incapable of asking defenders for help. I tried asking them for help liberating WZ Africa yesterday, but they decided to be hypocritical asses instead and said, "Well then, you shouldn't have moved to a warzone." Hmm... That sounds like something that I've heard raiders say quite often... "Well then, you shouldn't have lived in a founderless region."

I apologize for the aside, but I'm curious as to which defenders you asked for help? I was active during that update attempting defenses, including in this region, and wasn't aware there was an attempt to liberate Warzone Africa until it had already taken place.
It wasn't an actual organization, it was a few friends of mine who were defenders.

Apulita wrote:I am in conversation with the Empress about the proposal right now.
Kewl! What did she say?
Llamas

Back to top Go down

Post by Crisisies on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:24 pm

WZAI is now in the process of voting to approve.

Crisisies

Back to top Go down

Post by Llamas on Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:28 pm

Crisisies wrote:WZAI is now in the process of voting to approve.
Glad to hear that.
Llamas

Back to top Go down

Post by Crisisies on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:21 pm

We are having a good turnout for WZAI voting. It looks as if we will be approving but I'll get back to y'all when voting ends in two days.

Crisisies

Back to top Go down

Post by Ancian on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:03 pm

Crisisies wrote:We are having a good turnout for WZAI voting. It looks as if we will be approving but I'll get back to y'all when voting ends in two days.
Can we use the original acronyms until we make the new ones?? I thought you were talking about wz asia for a sec.

Ancian

Back to top Go down

Post by Crisisies on Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:52 pm

I don't really know what Airspaces is. Sorry.

Crisisies

Back to top Go down

Post by Ancian on Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:26 pm

Its fine. (:

Ancian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top